To our dear and valued patients,
We are pleased to announce that we reopened the Practice on Monday 8th June
We are pleased to announce that we reopened the Practice on Monday 8th June, and we are delighted to say that everything has gone well. Reopening the Practice has allowed us to once again help our patients face-to-face, which was a great pleasure for us. We have been steady in our approach to ensure the safety of our patients, team members and local community.
Since Monday we have already helped over 30 of our patients, who have been suffering and managing toothache for weeks. They were delighted with the treatment they received and we were delighted to be able to provide it. To be able to alleviate their pain physically gave us great satisfaction and pleasure.
Despite having countless new patient enquires during this week (due to their normal dentist remaining closed) we have not taken on any new patients, and all our appointments are reserved for our members
Despite having countless new patient enquires during this week (due to their normal dentist remaining closed) we have not taken on any new patients, and all our appointments are reserved for our members, who have been incredibly supportive and loyal during these difficult times.
Infection control and protection is woven into everything we do at Sutton Dental & Implant Clinic, and we also pleased to announce that our new protocols and ‘patient journey’ worked very well and everything has ran seamlessly.
We have also managed to improve the ‘contactless’ patient experience further by utilising digital technology. You can now ‘check-in’ for your appointment when you arrive via text. You can also compete your medical history before you arrive, and if a payment is due this can be made online once you have got home.
As mentioned before, as much as our desire is to return to ‘normal’ as soon as possible, we feel the most sensible and responsible way to act, is to be steady in our approach in restarting our services, to ensure the safety of our patients, team members and local community.
In this first week we have ran a single treatment room to help us find our feet…….so we now to plan to run 2 treatment rooms from next week
In this first week we have ran a single treatment room to help us find our feet. This has been very successful and without any problems, so we now to plan to run 2 treatment rooms from next week. Should this also run seamlessly we plan to open an addition treatment room the week later.
We will continue to treat patients with pain and infection first
We will continue to treat patients with pain and infection first, followed by those patients that were in the ‘middle’ of treatment when lockdown came, and have been managing with temporary solutions. This will then be followed by our stable patients that are in treatment ie Invisalign or implants and routine care and hygiene appointments, and the resumption of all our services, which we anticipate to be in July or August. The ability to resume our services will of course depend on the Covid-19 risk levels at the time.
Patients who are predisposed to severe gum disease will also fall into our priority category to allow them to resume their oral hygiene care to reduce the risk of their gum health deteriorating.
We understand that all dental appointments are important and we promise we will get to you, and please bear with us while we continue to adjust to the new working arrangements.
The following will help you to understand what to do when you attend for your next appointment with us.
- We will be running an appointment ONLY service and all appointments must be made in advance.
- We will carry out a pre-screening questionnaire at the time of booking the appointment and repeated the day before your appointment to ensure its safe for you to attend.
- Please complete your medical history BEFORE you arrive for your appointment. This will be sent to you by email or text.
- You should arrive at the Practice wearing a mask and ideally on your own. We ask you to wait in the car and text us to let us know you have arrived.
- Leave all non-essential items in the car.
- We will then call you in when we are ready for you and take your temperature using our contactless thermometer.
- You will then be escorted to our handwashing station so you can watch your hands, and then escorted into the treatment room.
- Your dentist and nurse will already be in the room wearing the appropriate PPE for the procedure you have been booked in for.
- You will be asked to rinse using the mouthwash provided and then fitted with safety glasses and a bib.
- Once your treatment is finished we will ask you apply your mask again, and use the hand gel provided.
- If a payment is due, reception can take this by card using our card terminal, or we can send you a payment link to make payment online once you are at home. We will not be accepting cash or cheque at this time.
- Any further appointments needed will be booked over the telephone once you are back at home, and you will be asked to exit via the back of the patient lounge.
I know this all seems very different but please don’t worry about it, as we are here to help and support you with this.
Thank you again for your continued understanding, support, loyalty and patience during this time. It has been truly humbling to us and has helped us get through this difficult time.
We look forward to seeing you again soon for face-to-face care. In the meantime please stay safe and see you again soon!